Thursday, March 24, 2011

My interview with Mexican Conductor, Carlos Miguel Prieto.



During my work placement at the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (WSO), I got the opportunity to interview Carlos Miguel Prieto, Mexican Conductor and guest conductor for a series of WSO concerts. Prieto is known for being one of the most dynamic young conductors of this decade.

The best part about this experience was that the WSO pretty much said to me, "Hey the conductor is going to be here this morning practicing. Here's a camera, get some questions together. You'll be interviewing him in an hour." It was amazing and what was super neat was that WSO Principal Cellist Yuri Hooker was practicing in the other room so at some points you can hear him playing in the background.

An opportunity, an experience, I will remember forever.

Follow the link to hear Carlos talk about how the symphony has evolved and how the experience has changed for audiences over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment