Friday, October 1, 2010

Bake Sale Mayhem

I'm learning a lot of new stuff this semester. My IPP is making me take the things I learned from my time in CreComm and apply them to my daily life in order to accomplish each task. This past week, for the first time ever, I organized a bake sale. Yes, this took effort. Probably more effort for my family who supplied many of the baked goods, but I still had to arrange for a table and gather bakers and social media the crap outta it.

Things to keep in mind when arranging a bake sale:
1. Target your audience.
I targeted all the hungry students tho I kept in mind, they don't have a whole bunch of money.
as well I went after random passerbys, they help too!
2. Location.
We were located right beside the elevator. It was great. We got all the students walking through the Atrium to get to class and all the randoms who were wandering around.
3. Define your product
We provided an assortment of baked goods, from take home packs to individual cookies.
4. Promotions!Make sure to promote everything via Facebook and Twitter, it seems those are the ways kids communicate these days...

All in all, I've learned how to successfully organize a bake sale. Now for the CCMAs...

No comments:

Post a Comment